Tuesday, September 21, 2010

being different...

It is HARD to be different...  all my life I have been a person that stands out where ever I go...   I am different because I am an orphan who doesn't know the first 3 yrs of my life...   I am different because I grew up in a place where I was noticed because of my skin color...   I am different because I don't have the same parents as my siblings...   I am different because I don't feel like I belong anywhere...   I am different because I am hurting and you can't see it...   I am different because I want to heal from these intense wounds...    I am different because I see the world differently than you do...   I am different because I don't know what my parents look like...   I am different because I ache to know who my birth parents are...   I am different because I don't know my birth date...   I am different because I don't know my birth story...   I am different because I feel so confident when I am around other international adoptees...    I am different because I am moving forward while holding the past gently in my hands so I may help you who is trying too move forward...    I am different because I love India but I only know you as a dream and desire...           
    I am different because I crave being with other people who look like me and I can get lost in the sea of colors...   I am different because I am loyal...    I am different because I am a lesbian...   I am different because I am androgynous... I am different because I don't feel any human is better than another human...      
   I am different because I am into wearing a mustache and a tie...   I am different because I always understood who I was, even when others didn't believe me...   I am different because I obeyed too well...   I am different because I bike everywhere...    I am different because I have lived a different life than you...  I may be different, but you know what?  I sure like you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment